Agenda

Monday, October 11

10:45 a.m. Golf Outing & Reception
Copper Creek Golf Course, Pleasant Hill
Reception and awards following golf at approximately 4:30 pm. Details and registration at www.iowama.org

Tuesday, October 12

8:30 a.m. Registration, Exhibit Hall Opens, Continental Breakfast

9:00 a.m. Welcome & Introductions
Tim Lamb, Collins Community Credit Union, Cedar Rapids

9:15 a.m. Navigating the “New World” of Mortgage Lending
Doug Smith, Doug Smith & Associates, Asheville, NC
The landscape of mortgage lending is forever changing, causing even the most experienced mortgage loan officers to stop and re-evaluate their strategies moving forward. What about YOU? This presentation explores five ways successful mortgage originators are navigating this “new world” we now live in, and how those who evolve and adapt to the changes in the market will be the real winners.

10:15 a.m. Break with Exhibitors

10:45 a.m. Rising to the Top
Doug Smith, Doug Smith & Associates, Asheville, NC
It’s a fact that 80% of all mortgage loans closed every month are originated by the top 20% of the loan officers out there. Why does this happen? Why the big gap? And why do the top 20% out-produce and out-earn the other 80% by such a wide margin year after year? This presentation defines the true difference in the habits and practices of those on top…and everyone else.

11:45 a.m. Installation of Officers, President’s Address & Mortgage Professional of the Year

Noon Lunch

1:00 p.m. Break with Exhibitors

1:15 p.m. President’s Club/Winners Circle Awards
IMA is pleased to continue recognize top producers in the mortgage industry. This years awards will recognize top producers and more. See http://www.iowama for details and application.

1:45 p.m. Hot Topics in Mortgage Compliance
Ronette Schlatter, Iowa Bankers Association
Join us for a session to review the hottest issues in mortgage compliance. Compliance Department field over 10,000 questions each year and know what are the questions and issues that mortgage lenders most often encounter every day.

3:00 p.m. Break with Exhibitors

3:30 p.m. Persuasive Communication
Lisa Munger
Whether you realize it or not-the power of your non-verbal communication is sending signals to your audience. Harness these communications to send the messages you want to convey competence and confidence, even when you don’t feel 100 percent. Work on vocal tone and cadence to present your most confident presence-even if you are quaking in your boots. Both verbal and non-verbal communication are acquirable skills. Like anything else, they need practice to earn proficiency, but it can be done!

4:30 p.m. IMA President’s Social
Join IMA President Tim Lamb for this year’s IMA President’s Social. Enjoy networking time with your fellow mortgage professionals.

6:00 p.m. Adjourn

Wednesday, October 13

8:00 a.m. Full Breakfast and Networking Session
Join your peers to network and a full breakfast.

9:00 a.m. RON Panel
Join us for a panel discussion to discuss what you need to know about remote online notarization.

10:15 a.m. Break

10:30 a.m. Beyond Grit: Embracing Passion and Perseverance to Gain the High-Performance Edge
Cindra Kamphoff
As a high performance coach, Cindra works with business leaders, entrepreneurs, elite and NFL athletes, and high performers to help them reach their best more often. Her focus has been on helping others master the mental strategies necessary to live and perform to their potential. The foundation of Dr. Kamphoffʼs work is based on her signature program Master Your Mindset and her Top 10 Traits of High Performers. Her Top 10 Traits outlines the differences between successful and less successful people and is based on her work with elite athletes and research in performance psychology.

11:30 a.m. Prize Drawing & Adjourn
Prize Drawing of $500